Thursday, January 08, 2015

52 Projects (Project 2)

Making time for the hobbies I like can be difficult for me. So that's why I decided to set a goal of completing 52 projects in 2015. I think it is totally doable!

Today during my daughter's quiet time I pulled out my beads and findings. Back story: with my 2013 birthday money, I purchased the tools necessary for beading, as well as a few beads. I made some earrings as Christmas gifts. When Kevin took my daughter Christmas shopping for me, they headed to the craft store and she picked out beads for me to make things with. All year long I made not one beaded thing. *Hangs head with Mommy guilt* I actually pulled them out a few times, looked at them, wondered what to make with them, tried making earrings but wasn't happy with the result, etc. I didn't totally ignore them!

So. I am using my gift from my daughter as I learn to do some beading. The beads are really random (they were picked out by a 4-year old, after all!) so I'm going to have to be creative. Or get more beads to go with the ones she picked out for me.

Excuse #1 - I don't know what to do/how to use the beads.
Answer - Find ideas on Pinterest.

Excuse #2 - I don't know how to wire wrap, make things, etc. very well.
Answer - Find tutorials on Pinterest and practice. Just start making.

Excuse #3 - Every time I pull things out to work on beads, I suddenly grow two extra hands.
Answer - Bead during quiet time. ;-)

These are the earrings that I made today:



The dark silver beads are from a necklace I used to have, which broke. I followed the wire wrapping tutorial here, and got much better results this time around! The second set of earrings are from beads my daughter gave me. I followed the tutorial here.

Cost: $0 (I had all the materials/tools from previous purchases or gifts)
Running Cost: $2.53

No comments: