Saturday, March 15, 2014

~Winnie Shrug~

When Anneliese of Aesthetic Nest recently asked me to test sew her pattern, Winnie Shrug, I was happy to oblige! For my version, I used fleece and a big pink button. It was a quick, fun sew, and my daughter really likes wearing it!

At first I thought that I would just be able to trim the seam allowances and leave it unhemmed, but when I tried it on my daughter, I realized that it would gain a lot by finishing with a hem - it added structure to the garment so it stood up on it's own, as well as adding a more finished look. I'm glad I hemmed it!

Here are my pictures:





I also made the little blue skirt, following a not-quite vintage pattern in my pattern stash.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So incredibly cute! You have given me an idea for my oldest daughter's bday soon!

Anonymous said...

I sent you a PM on HP

Dora said...

The corduroy skirt is so adorable! I love it.