Wednesday, January 01, 2014

~Reflections on 2013~

The year 2013 was a good year. God showed Himself to me in a very real way, when He answered a prayer in His timing - not mine. It was something I had prayed over for several years. The answer didn't come when I desired, but God in His wisdom answered it on His timetable. After the answer came, I realized that during the wait, through my pain and troubles, God stretched me and taught me so much, changing me for the better in the process. So while I didn't desire the trial, I learned much through it! (Sorry to be so vague, but it isn't something I can really share about in such a public place!)

Toward the end of this year, God blessed us with yet another answered prayer - my husband gained full-time employment - with benefits! Again, this isn't something I've even mentioned here before - but the past three and a half years have been years of learning to trust! God is so good! Through it all we have seen God's hand and provision so much more than we would have otherwise!

This year brought some challenges in mothering. Some people talk about the "terrible twos" but Katy bar the door! four has beaten two by a long shot! We've gotten through it all though, and I'm so thankful for the fun and joy our daughter brings to our household!

Looking over this past year there are two things that I have been 100% consistent with, and it has bolstered my confidence in other areas of my life. Thing #1: I wrote in my One Line a Day journal every day. Let me amend that: every day has an entry. ;-) Every day to every few days I would open it and write. It's a habit that I hope to continue for at least the next four years (since it is a five-year journal).





Thing #2: I worked on my weight. Every day I consistently counted calories and watched my intake, and slowly but surely I saw that scale number creep down. I loaded an app called Lose it! to my Kindle in mid-July, and since that point I have lost 27 pounds! It has truly been an exciting journey!  I still have some more I'd like to lose in this coming year and because of my success so far I have no doubt that I have the ability to make that happen!
Christmas Eve 2013 - a lighter, healthier me! :-)
2013 was a good year, and I look forward to what the Lord has in store for the year to come!

Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

4 has indeed been a challenge! Let's hope 5 is easier! My little guy is wearing me out.

Tammy said...

I can already see a lot of change as we get closer to 5! :-)

Susan said...

You've had a great year, Tammy! You look fantastic, and praise the Lord for the victories He's given you. Praise Him for your hubby's job, too! That's a major answer to prayer. Happy New Year!

Tammy said...

Thank you so much, Susan!

Helensmum said...

You look fabulous, very well done.I used to read your blog many years ago,I've been revisiting old favourites,

Regards,Ann